Dr. Bob Griffin, a good friend of First who has preached and will preach again for Him/us and remains the main man at Rockford Renewal Ministries, wrote a book demanding attention from anyone caring about reviving/renewing congregations: Firestorms of Revival: How Historic Moves of God Happened and Will Happen Again. While Bob has yet to plug my new book, I urge anyone interested in a Biblical/Christocentric/pneumatic revival in their local church to digest it and then incarnate it.
Essentially, it's about consistent, persistent, passionate intimacy with God through worship, prayer, Bible study, fasting, and the like as the key to unlocking the reviving/renewing graces of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Speaking of that, don't forget Midweek Boost, our new Advent and Lent discipline, on Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. in the chapel. Attendance has been great in terms of true worship; but severely lacking in terms of what Dr. Griffin has written about so eloquently and persuasively. Today will take a few minutes for a devotional reading of Psalm 101 and open the heart of a leader.
1. Review script 31 below for opportunities tonight to spread the love of Jesus by caroling with our Chancel Choir.
2. Don't forget Jeremy and his family.
3. After Kopper walked me this morning, I caught an interesting report on Fox News about "The Endowment Effect" that is crippling the American economic recovery. Talk about providence! Anyway, essentially, the endowment effect is folks who pile up money and then don't want to use it because they prefer to keep it piled up even though... And so on. Whoa. I couldn't believe my ears! It went on to talk about how this endowment effect causes people to find security in what's piled up and, therefore, they become very irresponsible about personal responsibilities like sacrifice, service, giving, and doing their part to keep America great by depending on the endowments of the past to pay for their bills. Or something like that. Whoa. I couldn't believe my ears! It almost sounded, uh, Biblical! Anyway, I heard it after sending out the last www.koppdisclosure.com which I urge you to read about a prophetic word delivered to yours truly about, uh, endowments.
4. That's right! Go to www.koppdisclosure.com for some declaratives/interrogatives about endowments.
5. Speaking of opportunities, www.bnnsradio.com is reaching more and more and more people according to regular reports to me. For example, 48+ people listened "live" to "The Best Cantata Ever" last Sunday! The station has limitless potential for honoring Jesus and helping us to approach our prayer and desire to be a beacon for Jesus and safe haven for His children of all ages.
6. Speaking of the potential for www.bnnsradio.com, its continuing vitality and growth and, uh, operation, collectively, depend(s) upon the generosity of saints who get it to support it through gifts and offerings above the tithe to the storehouse. Psst. You know, the Biblical model of giving from God. Anyway, from what I was told yesterday, it only costs 3K to run the station for a year! The station needs some sugar daddies/mommas asap. Ask Him if you're suppose... Seriously, don't ask me. Ask Him! He'll give a direct answer to you. I don't know what He'll say to you because I don't know what He's entrusted to you. So it's just between you and Him and nobody will know but you and...Him.
7. Have I got some last minute Christmas shopping ideas for you! Know anybody who needs a hat? Or a book that will keep 'em awake during...?
Blessings and Love!