Don Greenhow closed our Deeper Discipleship session on Wednesday with this prayer:
"God, we now have studied Francis Chan's
book Crazy Love to a new depth; and I, for
one, have learned more this time around.
I also do not have the fear of dying now; but
still would rather stay around for awhile.
I still have a feeling that there is purpose for
my being here; but maybe I have already done
that. I don't know.
We here in this chapel are blessed to learn
more of Your love for us and want to thank
You for this never-ending love.
We pray for Your help and understanding of
the way we live our lives.
We pray this in Jesus' name.
1. Deeper Discipleship begins a study of Chan's Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit next Wednesday in the chapel at 6:00 p.m.;
2. Don't forget the parents' meeting on Sunday in the chapel after the second service;
3. Don't forget YMCA "Fun Night" this Saturday (5:30 - 8:30 p.m.).
4. Men! Our next breakfast is on 1/28 at 7:30 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Psst! There's gotta be a better name for that too! The, uh, place.
5. When you hear me say "the video will be shown this Sunday," you will not want to miss it; and if you really care about your children, grandchildren, family, friends, and neighbors, you will want to invite/compel/pester/pull/drag 'em to worship with you. Seriously! It will be shown at both services when I say "the video will be shown this Sunday." Seriously! This will be a definite, definite, definite - thrice definite - really, really, really - thrice really - don't miss if you want to...
Blessings and Love!