The response is picking up, friends.
One of our family of faith's strongest evangelists just came in with a generous check and another came in today's mail from my favorite coach in Arizona!
Six churches have already pledged support and a Rockford civic group is getting on board in a big way with supplies.
Again, disasters, like funerals, come without consulting our calendars or considering our comfort zones.
"When, Lord, did we see You in need and...?"
Parenthetically/providentially, one of our church's members is studying for a MA near Harrisburg, Illinois and will meet us for lunch next Friday and be our direct contact with Pastor Beyler and the church for possible opportunities to serve in the future.
Please read the following on how you can help in a Matthew 25 kinda way: "As you do it for them, you do it for..."
Blessings and Love!
Quick Notes in Response to Queries:
1. If you'd like to make sure someone is here when you drop off stuff next Thursday (3/15/12), call Karen at (815) 544-6402; however, we anticipate folks at the church from 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2. Remember, you can drop off stuff before next Thursday! Again, to make sure that someone is here, call Karen! Supplies will be, uh, piled in our "Gathering Room" next to our "Welcoming Center" after this Sunday. Anything received before Sunday will be stored in our board/bored room.
3. And send $ if God has blessed you with more than you need/deserve and just gave it to you to see how you'd manage it for Him.
4. We will cut one check of all contributions at noon next Thursday (3/15/12).
5. So far, we have two drivers, two trucks, and three helpers. If you would like to make the trip to help load on Thursday afternoon, deliver, and unload next Friday, it will be on a first-come-first-going basis. If we take two trucks - still a question depending upon donations - we will need one more helper. You will work, sweat, and get dirty. We have changed the departure time to 5:00 a.m. and anticipate a return before midnight.