1. "Arise! Shine! Our Light has come!" The season of salting has ended and the season of shining has begun on the corner of Lincoln and Main! It's related to the number seven and so much... Attend one of our four growing adult education classes on Sunday mornings and discover what that/He...
2. Pray with me for the release and special gifting for a FM license for www.bnnsradio.com. It's related to update #1. And if you haven't checked out the updated www.bnnsinternetradio.com website, what are you...? The time is now.
3. If you've heard about Doomsday 2012 and want more information, call the church office at 815-544-6402 or write Karen at email@example.com and she'll send the important/vital/yet-non-life-changing-but-encouraging-for-others information to you! The train is about to leave the station on that one and you don't want to miss the invitation/opportunity to...
5. It's not too early to share our Christmas Season "Special Services" Calendar with others in a 815-544-3535 kinda way:
7:20 a.m. Sacrament Service in Chapel
Cantata in Sanctuary at 10:00 a.m.
7:20 a.m. Sacrament Service in Chapel
Children's Program in Sanctuary at 10:00 a.m.
Christmas Eve Services at 4:00 and 11:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. service live on www.bnnsradio.com
Worship Services at 7:20 and 10:00 a.m.
6. I have been asked why we have two services on 12/16&23/12: Three reasons: (1) It's not my decision to make; (2) Life is full of choices and there are more and more and more opportunities on the corner of Lincoln and Main to experience greater intimacy with Him and ya just can't be everywhere all of the time; and (3) We are not inclined to pretend folks who attend one service will go to another service just 'cause we cancel one service to manipulate attendance at another service and, again, go back to #2 about "Life is full of choices and..." and let's just invite more folks to the services that you think...
7. While Sunday prayers are not scripted despite cribs, we're getting regular requests for the prayers at the beginning of worship. So here's last week's as recalled; noting you can always go to the archives of our services via www.bnnsradio.com for the live/actual version:
Thanking You for everyone who has preceded
us in life and ministry on the corner of Lincoln
and Main, we celebrate the undeniable movement
of Your Holy Spirit to fill us with fresh, fragrant,
and faithful love for each other and more to come
into the family as the supernatural by-product of
the increasing thirst/hunger for intimacy with You
in the remnant being reinforced to bring glory
to You alone as a beacon for Jesus and safe
haven for everyone without regard to...
As we're learning, explaining why it's/You're
happening now is the same as knowing how
to tap into Your graces now as well as forever.
Solomon prayed, "I don't know much about
anything, yet I am supposed to lead."
He humbled himself before You...
You were "delighted" and gave wisdom for
being Yours to Him along with so much more;
as Jesus made so clear later on: "Seek first
His Kingdom and His righteousness...and
everything else will be provided for you."
There it is! There You are! When we seek,
thirst, hunger, and otherwise pursue
intimacy with You, we experience/express
the by-product of our relationship as
promised through Your psalmist: "God
inhabits the praises of His people."
What is happening now is the supernatural
by-product of our increasing intimacy with
You; and as we increasingly become more
intimate with You..., Oh, Lord,...we cannot
guess, estimate, calculate, prognosticate,
or anything else. We will, as we are, just
grab onto the coattails of Your Holy Spirit
and let You lead and ride...
Our best leadership and labor for You is
when we follow Solomon's example and
love You enough to let You lead; and when
You lead, everything else comes into focus
I think of that song by Aaron Neville: "I don't
know much, but I know I love You; and that
may be all I need to know."
We love You because You loved us first
and foremost and...
That's what's happening right now and
right here on the corner of...
We're more and more and more in love
with You; and so more and more and
more, we're experiencing and expressing
You love in, for, and through...
We don't know much, but we we know we
love You; and that may be all we need to
Lead on, O King eternal!
For Yours is the Kingdom and power and
glory alone forever; as sealed by Jesus
in whose name we pray.
Don't hesitate to forward this on as an invitation to someone still searching for a different way to do church after growing weary of posers in pews, politics, and pulpits and the SOSO religion at the expense of an authentic relationship with Him/His.
There's room in our inn!
Blessings and Love!