1. Yesterday's "Christmas Cantata" aligned hearts with Him and His! Thanks and praise to God for Lisa and everyone who participated...and witnessed! If you missed it, you can go to the archives of www.bnnsradio.com and click on yesterday's 10am worship service;
2. Don't forget next Sunday's "Children's Program" at 10am;
3. Christmas Eve services at 4pm (sanctuary) and 11pm (chapel) with important bulletin inserts;
4. You gotta check out the picture hanging in the undershepherd's study! It replaced the... It is one of the increasing evidences of the overwhelming revival occurring on the corner of Lincoln and Main. Folks get it/Him even upon first glance;
5. With your help and prayers, Doomsday 2012 has been fully subscribed (see note about it in Script 118 below) and five staff members, excluding two by choice/call, have not been penalized for...Anyway, to raise $ for that, books in my inventory of non-best-sellers were hawked to raise the $ that was drained from...during...Anyway, I was inspired/indigested while Kopper took me for a walk on 12/15 in a Matthew 6:19-21 kinda way to offer the remaining inventory to anyone who wants to give 'em away in a witnessing kinda way for any contribution to any mission effort at First in a Proverbs 3:9 kinda way. You designate!Seriously! Here's what's left after finding the other missing box: 3 copies of Praying Like Jesus, 7 copies of I Just Wanna Ride (FTW), 2 copies of God's Top Ten List, 5 copies of Golf in the Real Kingdom, and 5 boxes of Fifteen Secrets for Life and Ministry. Last chance in a DN kinda way;
6. What's happening on the corner of Lincoln and Main is awesome in the highest sense of that word; and because we don't want anyone to miss out, keep inviting, welcoming, including, and loving; and
7. A summarized/abbreviated version of one of Sunday's prayers:
Thinking things can't get any worse, O God,
in a world of darkening greed, pride, insatiable
control needs, religious imperialism, and increasing
hatreds of separation, segregation, schism, self-
indulgence, and self-righteousness, Friday's slaughter
of the innocents adds to the list of Herodian barbarity
remembered this season and reincarnated in the
predecessors of Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia,
Maoist China, international terrorism, and our own
country's legal, governmental, and ecclesiastical
enabling of the violent assault on life from womb to
tomb driven by demonically enflamed lusts of human
choices over Your commands.
The wrenching horror of Friday - "the unspeakable
evil' so enabled by our culture of violence shamelessly
represented by gangsta rap, video game bloodthirst,
vehicular rage, damning rhetoric, ideological idolatries,
ego-driven-my-way-or-the-highway church exits, and
swords of steel and tongue - provokes recollection of
the prophet's verdict of so long ago, so unheeded then
and today, and yet so timely and prescriptive...[Hosea
And so we praise You today for the antidote for all
ailing us: You!!!
A people focused on You and filtering life through You
brings hope to these mean, maddening, and miserable
times; even as we pray comfort and consolation for
And so we join hands with the remnant in...to model
Someone better: You!!!
We will hug a little longer, learn to overcome our
differences as expected by Jesus...
We will tear down fences of arrogant and
condescending pride and division.
We will esteem service above self.
We will shine for Jesus.
We will provide a safe haven on the corner of
Lincoln and Main.
We will live, minister, and pray in the name of
Blessings and Love!