Some announcement/opportunities for this week:
1. If you missed the wondrous children's program on 12/15, you can still experience some of it by going to www.bnnsradio.com and listening to the archived version. We praise the Lord for Becca, Lydia, Presbyterian Women, Jessica, Victoria, Syrienna, our sound crew, everybody who made this possible, and, of course, our wonderful children who epitomize our Lord's call for us to recapture their trust and joy in maturing discipleship.
2. Surely, not Shirley, you don't want to miss this coming Sunday's (12/22) annual chancel choir Christmas cantata at 10:00 a.m.
3. Again, while we have had requests for the broadcast of our first service at 7:20 a.m. when we have special seasonal programs during our second service, you can always go to www.bnnsradio.com for many wonderful messages via Confessing Moments, Crazy Love, Add a Little PEP, Alex Starr's show, and much more by clicking on www.bnnsradio.com and looking at the white letters on the black board for many interesting opportunities to increase intimacy with Him.
4. Speaking of www.bnnsradio.com, you don't want to miss Joe Pallikaythayil, President of Presbyterian Elders in Prayer, on Fridays from 11:15 - 11:30 a.m. as He through him adds a little PEP into...
5. Mountaintop Cell(ular) Ministry continues this Wednesday from noon - 3:00 p.m. and you are invited to get those prayer requests in by early Wednesday morning via email@example.com or by leaving a message on our shared confidential prayer line (815-544-3535).
6. Speaking of MCM, the requests and opportunities of the ministry are causing moi to consider expanding the wineskin. Sooooooo beginning real soon, whatever that means, we will also schedule MCM moments or hour-long mini-versions in a rather spontaneous way. Translating, that means you can always call 815-544-6402, 815-544-3535, or write firstname.lastname@example.org to "drop off" those requests on a daily basis.
7. New Officer Orientation will be held in the undershepherd's study immediately after the second worship service on Sunday (12/22) with ordination/installation scheduled for the second service on 1/5/14. Yes, even if you are an experienced/inquiring deacon, elder, or member just interested in..., please feel encouraged to attend.
Blessings and Love!
P.S. Please note what's below from our good friend the OGD! Remember First Presbyterian Church in your will; and, before then, remember our family of faith's ministries in your regular tithes, offerings, and gifts! With our expanding local compassionate missionary opportunities and responsibilities, we're counting on your help!
Helping others is a God-given mandate. But as in all things, a Christian's first responsibility is to think! Do the most good by giving wisely. OGD
Subject: BEFORE YOU DONATE
How many ways can you spell GREED?