Quickly, a word from the Lord for 2014: Revelation 21:5!!!
Some important announcements/updates for the first week + of 2014:
1. Yes, the awesome chancel choir Christmas cantata is this Sunday (1/5) during the second service (10:00 a.m.).
2. Yes, new officers will be ordained/installed at the beginning of this Sunday's second service.
3. Yes, the children's moment will be extended as they sit with their parents during the cantata or head off to nursery...
4. Yes, new officers' orientation, originally scheduled for 12/22, will be held this Sunday immediately after the second service in the board/bored room next to His study used by the undershepherd. Yo, deacons, bring up the leftover coffee and goodies!
5. Yes, all Midweek opportunities resume on 1/8.
6. Yes, Mountaintop Cell(ular) Ministry continues every Wednesday from noon - 3:00 p.m. in our chapel. Hosted by our family of faith, Mountaintop Cell(ular) ministry is a shared opportunity with Presbyterian Elders in Prayer to take your confidential praises and prayer requests before the Lord in concert with PEP's global prayer network. Just send in your praises/prayers to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave 'em on our shared prayer line (815-544-3535).
7. Yes, we always have a first service commencing at 7:20 a.m. no matter what's happening in the second service.
8. No, we never cancel worship on the corner of Lincoln and Main; but we may adjust as we have in moving the cantata from weather-assaulted 12/22 to weather-hopeful 1/5.
9. O.K., yes, we would cancel worship concomitant to the parousia; which, of course, would mean no one who believes in Jesus would be in the chapel or sanctuary in that they'd have graduated if you know what He means.
10. Getting back to #s 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and maybe 9, the weather report for 1/5 is already pretty dicey and it looks like our church parking lot will be plowed at least twice today (1/1) for inexplicable reasons pour moi considering that it's kinda quiet around here with nothing scheduled and no one around; meaning to stay tuned to the weather reports 'cause we will reschedule the cantata again if the weather prevents maximum opportunities for participants in the cantata and those who will be invited by you! It will be a matter of common sense; but, remember, we never cancel worship on the corner of Lincoln and Main. We just, uh, adjust, uh, like new wineskins... Buuuuuuut if we have to reschedule again, that decision will be made prior to the first service on Sunday. Calls can be received at 815-544-6402 for information until 7:10 a.m. on Sunday and then after 8:15 a.m. Of course, common sense goes a long way...
Getting back to the cantata, I'm convinced, having heard/experienced it on 12/21 in prep for the 12/22 presentation now to be held on 1/5 at 10:00 a.m., this maximizes our opportunity to invite, welcome, include, and agape!
Getting to the point, invite; then welcome, include, and agape!
This is a wonderful opportunity to begin 2014 by sharing Whom we're not supposed to keep to ourselves!
Besides, I believe some very pneumatic will...
Snooze and lose!
Fail to invite and...shame on us!
I am praying your 2014 is filled with the joy of Jesus and an intimacy with Him that exceeds anything ever known to you!
Blessings and Love!3