That's right, beloved, we never cancel worship on the corner of Lincoln and Main!
The parking lot is being plowed as I send this to you!
However, always remember whether you're there or here or anywhere, you can listen to our second service (10:00 a.m.) live every Sunday by clicking on www.bnnsradio.com.
1. The church office and campus will be closed on Monday for obvious reasons except to Al Gore.
2. However, I will be in early on Monday to receive emergency calls; but must leave by 10:00 a.m. for parochial meetings in Oregon (city in Illinois not state on the left coast). I also have to go to the hospital after those meetings; but you can reach me via my cellular (815-222-9216) if necessary or you feel all of this weather is a harbinger of...
3. Hey! This is a great time to write to our dear friends and family members Grace and Bob Ward! They remain an important part of our heritage, as we continue to build upon the best of the past that they helped develop, and they remain an important part of our present and future for they have taught us what Christians do when they obey/love Jesus: Never let go or run away from the family!!! Write and thank/encourage them at 16 Lake Hunter Drive, #B116, Lakeland, Florida 33803.
4. Here's something else to think/pray/act about if you're caught in the cabin today and until "seasonal" weather returns. We're hosting a community Good Friday service in our chapel on, uh, Good Friday (April 18) from noon - 3:00 p.m. in 15 minute come-as-you-can-leave-when-you-must segments featuring local pastors who love Jesus by the book. This winter weather is killing our budget - utilities - which means we need your help to donate $ to sponsor the service (viz., honoraria, bulletins, promotion, etc.). I figure we'll need about $1000. If inclined/nudged/called to help, write a check to First Presbyterian Church and designate it for, uh, Good Friday. If session approves, the offerings on GF will be split between our Compassion Closet, Wounded Warriors, and Salvation Army.
5. O.K., if you are coming to worship today, why not invite somebody; especially if his/her church's services are cancelled today? Bring 'em to the family on the corner of Lincoln and Main where Jesus and only Jesus is Lord and everyone is welcomed, included, and loved and there ain't no partiality or favoritism and the table's open and we're getting out of the way so He can have His way!
You can/will with Him!
Blessings and Love!