Guess when we're gonna get our next snowfall?
Thaaaaaaat's right! Saturday into Sunday morning!
As all of our sister congregations are going through the same thing, one wonders if our Lord is sending a message to us about something.
I don't know; but I am wondering as I'm wandering through winter wonderland.
BTW, despite my cheap shots at little Al about global warming, I believe we are experiencing climate change; and there ain't nothin' that we can do about it nohow even if we give up our aerosol deodorant. While I'm much more of a creationist than evolutionist because both are theories and I like the God one better while not really caring how He did it, our climate has always evolved. I figure global whatever will be a big problem in about a thousand years; and if the prophetic voices are right, the parousia will occur long before that and we'll be O.K. Sooooooo in the meantime, I'm all for it, Al!
1. From last report, almost 40 folks - singles, couples, Democrats, Republicans, anarchists, and all of the below - have signed up for Saturday's breakfast beginning at 9:00 a.m. and concluding at 11:00 a.m. Come out and have some fun! Surprises! Snow will start later in the day to test worshipers on Sunday! And don't forget to invite, welcome, include, and agape!
2. I hear the snow - again! - on Tuesday cut down attendance a tad for the new Women's Bible Study; but I also heard next week will be a catch-up opportunity before they shift into high gear! Go! No, I do not attend women's Bible studies, women's circles, or yoga classes at the Y.
3. There's still time to sign up for the "Getting to Know You" potluck on Sunday! Call Karen at 815-544-6403.
4. Speaking of Karen, please call and ask how you can help on Good Friday!
5. Don't forget Soup Sunday on 2/16. More about it in Sunday's bulletin.
6. Youth Group Scavenger Hunt this Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
7. Lots of stuff in the bulletin this week!
And, remember, we never cancel worship on the corner of Lincoln and Main except for the parousia!
Blessings and Love!