With reminders about wonderful opportunities like this Thursday's National Day of Prayer in Belvidere and Sunday's Youth Fundraiser Breakfast (scroll down to script 211 for more information), session has given permission to me to provide these important updates for you about our musical ministries on the corner of L&M:
1. With gratitude to our Lord for Lisa's service to us with a heart, efforts, and intentions to honor Jesus by the book through music, we have accepted her resignation as Director of Music and Arts along with her gracious decision to remain with us until the end of May;
2. You will be invited by letter within the next few weeks to contribute to a love gift in recognition of her service that I will present to her during the second service on May 18;
3. Becca will continue to direct our Doves;
4. Karen Kahler will serve as Director of our Chancel Choir commencing June 1 with transitional assistance from Becca and Lydia;
5. Bev and Mona will provide accompaniment for the opening and closing hymns of both services;
6. Dan Holmes will return to lead/mentor our Praise Team in September and will meet with our continuing Praise Team before leaving for his summer concert tour in many churches on the British isles; and
7. We are hoping to resume bells and chimes in the fall.
While many of the specifics are being negotiated and we are still looking at some possibilities for piano/organ accompaniment along with other opportunities, we are praising the Lord for the smooth transitions emerging in our musical ministries.
Praising the Lord for Lisa's service to Him on the corner of L&M and looking forward to our generous support of a love gift to her in recognition of our gratitude to Him for her, we thank God for continuing to bless our desires to honor Him by so many miracles.
Blessings and Love!